Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Update from the my last post

Hello! So, my weird pain was resolved after taking a 14 day course of over-the-counter Prilosec. It was most likely some sort of ulcer or acid issue. During the holidays, I experienced a lot of pain but soon discovered that there was a clear correlation between my pain and food with trans fats. You know, food like cookies, brownies, cake, cupcakes, anything with icing and Crisco. All the good holiday food!! Once I stopped eating them, I have never felt better. 100% pain free!!! I imagine as I get older, I'll be able to tolerate trans fats better. But really, you shouldn't eat a lot of trans fats anyway. So it's actually turned out very well!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you thank you thank you THAAAANK YOOUUU for your gallbladder posts. After the dreaded Googling, Divine Providence must've led me here - your initial post had me laughing, nodding my head furiously in agreement...and, most importantly, feeling hopeful about tomorrow's surgery to remove my dysfunctional gallbladder. The girl scout/drama queen in me really appreciates your subsequent posts - I like to know what's on the horizon whenever possible. :) I'll let you know how it goes! -Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Megan! Good thing I got that sucker removed - it was in worse shape than they originally thought. Yesterday was 7 weeks post-op and I got a good report card from the surgeon - restrictions lifted, and no more follow-up visits unless (knock on wood!) something feels awry for too long. The good days definitely outnumber the icky days - and like you say, it just feels so damn good to FEEL GOOD again. Thanks again! -Karen

      Delete
    2. That is great to hear!! :)

      I just added a new post about some new possible issues I am having. Please keep in touch!

      Delete