Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Lessons Learned

Lessons I have learned during the past week:


1) WHERE THE HELL HAS SPAGEHTTI SQUASH BEEN MY WHOLE LIFE?

What is spaghetti squash, you ask?



This is a spaghetti squash. Maybe this is common knowledge, but until yesterday I had no idea what this was. I cut it in half, boiled it, and then the squash strings apart like spaghetti noodles to make this:




(images courtesy of Google Images... I was way too excited yesterday that I didn't take any pictures of my food.)

Here is a comparison:
2 cups of spaghetti noodles = 410 calories
2 cups of spaghetti squash = 66 calories

AMAZING!
It tastes the same as a noodle, but has a diffferent texture because it's squash... but it's AWESOME. AMAZING!!!!


2. No matter how hard I try, it's nearly impossible to eat healthy during the holidays. My work keeps having cake for us, they were selling chili dogs today for a fundraiser, and Chad's boss gave us a huge block of fudge to eat. Dammit.

2 comments:

  1. I love the holidays purely because they ARE a green light to eat whatever the heck I want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My coworkers birthday was yesterday, he brought in some cake today. I just ate some as my pre-dinner. hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete