Friday, December 3, 2010

Pho Adventures Pt. 2

Last night, I made my first ever attempt at homemade beef pho. I used store bought beef broth (like I mentioned in my previous blog), and surprisingly it wasn't that bad. Or as Chad put it, "It wasn't bad for a first attempt." Win!

SO- the plan is this weekend, probably Sunday because Saturday (tomorrow) is my work's Christmas party, I will be attempting crock pot beef pho, from nothing but homemade ingredients.

I will be buying beef bones and all of the weird sounding spices that I've never heard of (what is "star anise"? I don't know, but I am going to find it and buy it this weekend.)

I have faith that I won't screw it up! In the meantime, here's to hoping I don't drink too much at my work's Christmas party tomorrow. (Not really, but I hope it's not too lame.)

No comments:

Post a Comment